Your DNA Software™ team … experience, passion, and world-class innovation …
Chief Executive Officer – Dr. John SantaLucia
A world-renowned expert in nucleic acid hybridization, Dr. John SantaLucia served as CSO since co-founding the company in 2000. Then, in August, 2010, he took the reins of DNAS as president and CEO, providing the vision and leadership for the company’s technologies and marketplace opportunities.
- post-doctoral—Biophysical Chemistry; University of California, Berkeley
- Ph.D.—Physical Chemistry; University of Rochester, Rochester, NY
- BS—Chemistry; Clarkson University, Potsdam, NY
Vice President of Business Development – Joseph A. Johnson
Joseph A. Johnson is DNA Software’s VP of Business Development. His proven track record in biotechnology includes sales awards and management of a team of international distributors. Before joining DNA Software, Mr. Johnson worked in various sales functions at Neogen Corporation and Kelly Scientific.
- MA—Education; University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- BS—Microbiology; University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Chief Operations Officer – Norm Watkins
Norm has served DNA Software since January 2006 as an Operations Officer, a Product Development Manager and a Research Scientist. Norm’s current set of responsibilities involves the management of company resources to build new software products while also maintaing existing product revenue through sales and marketing activities. As a Product Development Manager Norm successfully authored and received funding for four NIH SBIR grants which generated over $4M in revenue for DNA Software. Norm also has four peer-reviewed publications as a result of his scientific research in nucleic acid hybridization chemistries.
- MS—Chemistry; Wayne State University
- BS—Biochemistry; Wayne State University