Your DNA Software™ team … experience, passion, and world-class innovation …
Chief Executive Officer – Dr. John SantaLucia
A world-renowned expert in nucleic acid hybridization, Dr. John SantaLucia served as CSO since co-founding the company in 2000. Then, in August, 2010, he took the reins of DNAS as president and CEO, providing the vision and leadership for the company’s technologies and marketplace opportunities.
- Post-doctoral—Biophysical Chemistry; University of California, Berkeley
- Ph.D.—Physical Chemistry; University of Rochester, Rochester, NY
- BS—Chemistry; Clarkson University, Potsdam, NY
Vice President of Business Development – Joseph A. Johnson
Joseph A. Johnson is DNA Software’s VP of Business Development. His proven track record in biotechnology includes sales awards and management of a team of international distributors. Before joining DNA Software, Mr. Johnson worked in various sales functions at Neogen Corporation and Kelly Scientific.
- MA—Education; University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- BS—Microbiology; University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Chief Operations Officer – Norm Watkins
Norm has served DNA Software since January 2006 as an Operations Officer, a Product Development Manager and a Research Scientist. Norm’s current set of responsibilities involves the management of company resources to build new software products while also maintaing existing product revenue through sales and marketing activities. As a Product Development Manager Norm successfully authored and received funding for four NIH SBIR grants which generated over $4M in revenue for DNA Software. Norm also has four peer-reviewed publications as a result of his scientific research in nucleic acid hybridization chemistries.
- MS—Chemistry; Wayne State University
- BS—Biochemistry; Wayne State University
Senior Software Engineer – Eric Anderson
Eric Anderson develops C++ backend software for the more computationally intensive aspects of our software products.
- BA—Computer Science and Mathematics; University of Minnesota, Duluth
Lead Java Developer – Lars Anderson
Lars works on the Java-based web portal for DNA Software, developing its capabilities and helping to add new products and functionality.
- BS—Computer and Information Science; University of Michigan, Dearborn, MI
Marketing Director and Strategic Economic Analyst – Rashad Khaddaj
Rashad Khaddaj works on improving sales and marketing environment/process implementation. Assists in goal setting for corporate short-term and long-term goals. Works continuously on expanding DNAS global distribution network.
- MBA—International Business; Concordia University, Ann Arbor.
- BS—Marketing and Management; LAU, Lebanon
Java Developer – Kranthi Reddy
Kranthi’s current set of responsibilities includes contributing to the maintenance and Java development of the company web portal. He also works on developing our new products such as PanelPlex-MDx while also helping to maintain previously released products such as ThermoBlast-CE and CopyCount.
- MS—Computer Science; University of Central Missouri, Warrensburg, MO.
- BTech—Electronics and Communication Engineering; Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad, India
Research Scientist – Holly SantaLucia
Holly performs wet-lab PCR and thermodynamics validation experiments to test the predictions of our software. Holly also performs contract research for several clients by performing UV melting experiments for determining thermodynamic parameters for modified oligonucleotides. Her professional interests include protein structure and function, catalytic mechanisms of enzymatic reactions, sequencing technologies, purification technologies, and all things microbiology and marine biology.
- MS—Biochemistry; University of Rochester, Rochester, NY.
- BS—Biology; Clarkson University, Potsdam, NY