DNA Software is building better diagnostics with its partners to deliver SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19), FluA and FluB multiplexed PCR assays.
DNA Software is uniquely capable of delivering multiplex assay designs, leveraging the advantage of our multi-state coupled equilibrium models and prediction of off-target hybridization with ThermoBLAST. DNA Software has been recently recognized “best in class” for highly specific and sensitive multiplex design.
- Multiplex PCR assays which can detect SARS-CoV-2, with two targets (i.e. ORF8 and N genes) along with influenza A virus (multiple segments), and influenza B virus with an RNase P control.
- Multiplex design which will differentiate FluA from FluB ( detecting A(H1).
- A(H1)pdm09, A(H3).
- DNA Software has delivered multiplex designs to its partners which are in clinical validation for CLIA use and seeking FDA approval.
- Multiplex can also include RSV detection.
- Consensus designs (covering all variants) of SARS-CoV-2, FluA, FluB, and RSV from manually curated DNA Software databases
Why can PanelPlex™-Consensus help build uniquely sensitive and specific PCR assays to detect SARS-CoV-2, Flu A, & Flu B including all variants?
- Rigorously validated for the detection of thousands of bacteria, viruses and human targets.
- Provides consensus designs PCR assays to detect all sequence variants of a given virus. Often, this is accomplished with a single primer pair (i.e. singleplex reaction) while in other cases with high sequence diversity a small multiplex reaction is required (typically 1 to 5 plex is required). For example, we have made singleplex assays for pandemic 2009 H1N1 FluA, and 7-plex assay for the highly divergent Lassa virus.
- Allows the user to input panels of GenBank accessions to form inclusivity, exclusivity (i.e. phylogenetically near neighbor sequences), and background lists.
- Saves over six months on average of iterative experimental trial-and-error optimization.
- Uses our proprietary ThermoBLAST™ and TargAn (target analysis) algorithms so that the assays are designed with maximum coverage of sequence variants with minimum false positives and false negatives.
- Fully capable of designing a new assay to address the (COVID-19) Coronavirus.
|First pass of multiplex primer design||80-90%||>50% *|
|Second pass of multiplex primer design||98-99%||<70%|
|Time to functional design||<2 days||>6 months|
* Based on personal communication with PCR specialist at Roche and Sr. Scientist at a Boston based Biotech company
Dna Software provides its customers direct access to its software solutions as well as performing custom assay designs on a contact basis.
Panelplex-Consensus as been recognized as in 2019 by Frost and Sullivan as best in class in the industry.